Thursday, October 16, 2008

my own private audience with jesus

so, i received a new phone in the mail from sprint today. being the scatterbrain that i am, i recently left my old phone on top of my car and then proceeded to drive away. i was still using it even though it was pretty badly damaged, so when the new one arrived i was freaking ecstatic. plus, it's pearly white like my old phone which i loooove.
so i signed on to sprint to activate my new phone. the way that they do it is through a chatroom-like format, and when i first signed on, they put me on hold, just like they do over the phone. now, as i said before i've been having a really rough time lately and during the roughest times in my life i have always called on a higher power to intervene. so as i was waiting to be serviced i started contemplating how i could deepen my spirtiual connection and have better communication with god/buddha/whatever, when all of a sudden, this message pops up:

6:01:49 PM

System
Jesus has joined this session!
6:01:49 PM

System
Connected with Jesus
6:01:53 PM

Jesus
Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Jesús. How may I assist you today?


now, i get that it wasn't really THE jesus and that he probably pronounces it like hey-zeus, and that it's a very common name, especially among people of latin heritage, blah, blah, blah, but i still thought it was pretty ironic and fucking hysterical, and i wanted to share it although, i have a feeling that nobody else will find it quite as funny as i do (i'm still laughing about it). it's kind of like an inside joke between me and god.

love always

1 comment:

inconsciente said...

...and I thought the vatican llc had an exclusive on him.