Saturday, September 26, 2009

retail therapy

i know that the west hartford whole foods has way more stuff, but for some reason, the whole foods in glastonbury is my favorite. it feels somehow warmer. the lighting is less harsh and the merchandising is cleaner. plus, i'm there so often that all the boys who work in produce know me by name. i truly do have a deep, sentimental attachment to the place. it borders on freakish.
in all my moving-out-of-state madness, i felt it was important for me to pay tribute to the place where i've spent such a large majority of my time and money over the last couple years. so, i did what i usually do, which is go to whole foods, buy some stuff and make something.
my purchases. i decided to go with a salad, since i've been eating so much garbage lately (more on that later).

butter lettuce and cilantro

tossed with diced tomato, raw corn kernels, black beans, diced poblano pepper, and finely chopped onion. plus, a dressing made of fage, a bit of honey, some chipotle in adobo and lime juice.

i topped it all off with some diced aguacate for richness. you could also add some shredded cheddar or crumbled bacon, but like i said, i've been eating trash all week.

this is totally one of my favorite salads ever. it tastes really good and everything in it is really clean and good for you. i know that i'll still be able to make it once i move, but the fact that it comes from my original, hometown grocery store, makes it extra-special in my opinion.

love always

No comments: